Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 194: When It's Too Much

Yesterday we talked not giving any excuses and throwing ourselves a pity party, but if I’m being completely honest, sometimes life seems to throw too much at you at the same time. I might sound like I’m contradicting myself here based on what I wrote yesterday and what today’s subject will be. But the truth is, life contradicts itself, it has ups and downs, flaws and all, but it’s worth living.


Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.”


Deuteronomy 31:6
“...He will not fail you or forsake you.”


You ever get tired of fighting? You’re not necessarily giving up or losing your faith in God, you’re just tired. Tired of fighting, and exhausted from how long the fight has been. It’s like an in between area, you don’t want to give up, you want to keep going, you’ve come too far to stop, but you just want a break. Just a little break, you want the opponent to ease up a bit so you can breathe and gather your thoughts. It’s a hard place to be in.


Sometimes life is hard, and sometimes we get to the point where we do know if we can keep going. There’s no doubt that we want to keep going but it’s hard, we’re tired, and sore, and exhausted. How do we keep pushing when the harder we push the bigger the battle gets, the more we press, the more pressure is applied. It is tiring.


I am not ashamed to say that life can get tiring and sometimes I just want to walk away and not even try anymore. But it’s in these moments that we have to keep going. We have to keep pushing. God didn’t bring us this far to leave us, and we didn’t come this far to give up. We get to a place where it’s too far to turn back and to close to stop. It’s been a journey of sacrifice, tears, blood, more tears, frustration, and anger but it’s worth it to keep going. My mom would always tell me when I was younger and even now, “the closer you are to the top, the harder it gets.”


All this to say, yes, I know you’re exhausted and it’s tiring, it’s frustrating, and sometime you don’t understand. Trust in God, trust in His plan, trust that He is going to come through for you. He hasn’t failed yet, and I don’t believe that He will start now. Keep going, keep pushing, fight a little harder. Trust me, it will all be worth it. You will reap and it will be glorious. Remember, a diamond is made with extreme amounts of pressure.


Response/Prayer Time


Take the time to talk to God about what we discussed today. Ask God to give you strength and endurance. Whenever you get into the mindset of being tired, you get three and a half minutes, that’s enough time for one sad song and then you get back to it.

I love you, I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 195!

No comments:

Post a Comment