Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Friday, July 21, 2017

Day 203: Those 3 Days

John 20: 19
On the evening of that day, the first day of the week the doors being locked where the disciples were  for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”


I often wonder what those three days without Jesus were like. I wonder how the followers of Christ felt knowing that there Savior was gone. I wonder how the Jews and Pharisees boasted that they had killed the Messiah. I wonder what those 3 days were like. I’m not sure exactly but I can imagine they were filled with darkness and fear. We see this in the above scripture when the disciples were in a room together with the door locked because they were afraid of what the Jews might do. These men were afraid that the Jews would come after them because they were followers of Christ.


I imagine that those three days were sad for a couple of reasons, one being after His death people began to realize that He was the Savior they were waiting for all  along, Meaning in their eyes they might have missed their chance to have a true relationship with God. They had to live those three days knowing that the Savior they refused to accept was now dead and there was nothing they themselves could do about it. Another reason these three days were probably so sad is that their Savior had been killed. People were probably hurting, many were probably in a period of grief and guilt. Not knowing that Jesus was on His way back and that He had to defeat death by dying. We know that now, because we know the Gospel but it’s different to live through it.


I can imagine those three days without Jesus as what it’s like when we choose to walk away from Him and ignore Him. My mom used to always tells us, “Leading a life of sin is like nailing Jesus to the cross over and over again.” Our sin hurts Him, it was the reason He had to die. Someone had to pay the price for our sin,  and that someone was Jesus. So every time we decide to walk away it’s like we’re putting Him in that grave all over again. When we decide to live our life without Jesus it’s like we’re putting Him in a tomb and walking away.


I’m not sure how many of you have backslid or walked away from Christ after giving your life to Him so I can only speak for myself. I have, and those were some of the darkest times in my life, because I chose to walk away from a Savior who laid His life down for me and I walked away like it wasn’t that big of a deal. I chose to walk in darkness even though god gave me a light to lead the way, I chose the path of darkness. When I put it into perspective, I lived in fear that someone would expose me for my sin. I lived in fear because I knew what was right and yet I chose to turn away from it. I chose to live in the sin that my savior died to deliver me from. I was consciously choosing to live without Him. Jesus was gone for three days and when He rose He came back with life in His hands. The grave was where sin and death lay. But life was in the resurrection of Christ, so why had I chose to live my life in the grave? I had to realize how enormous this act of compassion was, Jesus laid down His life for me, even while I was still a sinner He laid down His life! for me, because He loves me that much. The kicker was that I couldn’t love Him enough to dedicate my life to Him after He saved it.


I know that if Jesus had to be nailed to that cross and die again He would do it because we mean that much to Him. He loves us that much.


Reflection


  1. Are you living with a grave mentality?
  2. How has your life changed since you’ve given your life to Christ?
  3. Have you given your life to Christ?


Prayer Time


Allow you answers to the above questions guide your prayer today. Talk to god about following Him and living a life dedicated to Him. Thank Jesus for His wonderful sacrifice and live your life dedicated to Him, allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you every step of the way.


For those of you who answered yes to either question 1 or 3, I want to offer you a chance to choose Christ today. If you’ve never made the decision or maybe you have and you’ve walked away from God now is the time to come back to Him. To dedicate your life to Him and live with Him in eternity. I want to give you the opportunity, whether you are turning to Him for the first time, or rededicating your life back to Him. Know that His arms are wide open and He is accepting you as a mother takes in her lost child. Rest in that.

Take some time, if you feel the holy spirit tugging on your heart, respond to Him today.
If you made the choice to follow Christ, rededicate, or to submit your life to Him fully, Go to Romans 10:9-10
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
And repeat these few words,
Jesus I declare that you are my Lord and Saviour who died for my sin and was raised three days later. I repent of my sins and I give my life to you. I believe in my heart that you are the true living God. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name, Amen.


I love you so much and I hope you have a wonder day or evening. If you made the decision to follow Christ today, congratulations! The angels in heaven are rejoicing! Take the next steps in getting plugged into a church and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me. Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 204!

No comments:

Post a Comment