Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Friday, July 28, 2017

Day 210: Don't Cover your Light

Matthew 5:13-16
"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.


John 8:12
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."


Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.


I think the first thing to take away from the above scriptures is that Christ is the light of the world. In Him there is no darkness. Jesus is the light this world needs, and the light this world craves. He brought something that we could not attain on our own. He brought light into a world of darkness. Darkness is the absence of light, and if Christ is the light, and we are in darkness it means that we are living without Christ. However, when we submit our lives to Christ, and Christ is in us then we have that same light. So when Jesus tells us in Matthew that we are the light of the world, it’s kind of like a responsibility. If He lives in us we are lit by Him. The light we illuminate is the light of Jesus Christ. What I’m saying here is, while we are here on earth we are representatives of Christ, ambassadors. We represent the life death, and resurrection of Christ in the way we choose to live and love. There are so many people out there searching for Christ and don’t know where to look, so many people stuck in darkness that could use a little light. According to Jesus, we are that light. As disciples of Christ it is our duty to shine our light in a dark world. If we have accepted Christ into our lives and received the Holy Spirit, we have this light, Let’s not cover it up or try to dim it. Let it shine, let it shine bright. Be a beacon of light, the light that we have through Jesus Christ is a beacon of hope for someone.


All this to say, don’t cover up or try to hide your light. Let it shine so that people may see the glory of God through you. That people may find hope in Jesus Christ. Be a representative of the gospel, an ambassador of Jesus Christ. Allow your light to lead people to the cross and further more to salvation that will allow them to live a life that is eternal.

Response/Prayer Time


Respond today however you feel led. Allow the Holy Spirit to dwell within you. Talk to God about being a beacon of light. Have a conversation with God about whatever is on your heart today.


If you have not accepted Christ into your life, if you have yet to make that decision, I believe that now is the time. If you want to step out of darkness and into the light, choose today to dedicate your life to Christ and live with Him all the days of your life, for all eternal. This decision is eternal, and so worth it. If that’s you, if you want to make that decision today, pray this prayer with me.
Jesus I declare that you are my Lord and Saviour who died for my sin and was raised three days later. I repent of my sins and I give my life to you. I believe in my heart that you are the true living God. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name, Amen.
If you made the choice to follow Christ, rededicate, or to submit your life to Him fully, Go to Romans 10:9-10
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.


I love you, congratulations to those of you who have decided to follow or rededicate your life to Christ today. THe next step would be getting plugged into a church and a small group if possible. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to contact me.

I love you, and I hope have an amazing day or evening. Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 211!

No comments:

Post a Comment