Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Monday, July 3, 2017

Day 185: Small Beginnings

Zechariah 4:10

Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.”
One of the greatest lessons I have learned in my life is to appreciate the small steps and the humble beginnings. I’m a dreamer, I grew up with my parents always telling me to dream and think big, but also being reminded that I will have to start small, I will have to struggle a bit before I get to where I want to go. There’s some hard work and I have to get my hands dirty. But that never meant that I had to stop dreaming big, it meant that I had to go through a process.

I think what God is telling us here is exactly that, but also He’s telling us to start, even if it’s a small start just do it and watch what He does. One of the things that always gets lost in the shadows of success stories is the beginning, how people weren’t always successful. When people tell the stories themselves then you get the truth. I’m interested in people’s stories, I’m interested in where they came from and where God has brought them. We all had to and have to start somewhere. Just like when they went to build the second temple in the book of Zechariah which would be smaller than the former temple. It doesn’t matter how small the beginning is just start and let God finish, start and trust God. Whatever God has called you to, start it.
What I’m getting at here is, we all have a calling and we all have a dream. For many of us that dream is our calling. However God has put a vision in each and every one of us, He has given us a passion for something. For me that’s acting, for you it might be different. But whatever it may be, do it. Start it, you’re going to have to start small before you can go big. But don’t let that stop you, Start somewhere, I think that’s what God is looking for us to do, just start. Even if you don’t know how it’s all going to pan out, trust that God will guide your footsteps because He will. Appreciate the baby steps because one day those strides will get wider and steeper, we just have to keep walking.
Reflection
  1. What have you been called to do? What is your dream?
  2. Have you started?
  3. If the answer to your above question is no, what’s stopping you?
Prayer Time
Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer. Talk to God about where to start. Just have a conversation with Him.
I love you, and I hope you have an amazing day, be sure to share this with someone and and come back tomorrow for day 186!


No comments:

Post a Comment