Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Monday, July 24, 2017

Day 206: Life Advice Part 1

Throughout my twenty-four years of living I have heard many people say, “Know your weaknesses.” While that is important, I believe that it is just as important if not more to know your strengths. If we know our strengths, tackling our weaknesses won’t be so hard. We are not defined by how weak we are, however in our weaknesses we are made strong. We find strength in God.


Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


Romans 5:3-5
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.


We all have our strengths and we all have  our weaknesses and most of us know what they are. Some of us tend to capitalize on our strengths, while others tend to work on their weaknesses. I believe that a healthy balance of both is good for us. Many of us fall into the latter category. While I believe that it is important for us to find our weaknesses and want to strengthen those areas of our lives, it is also important that we are not defined by  it. We will run into areas in our life where it feels like a breeze but then we will run into times that leave us a little weak, that seem a bit harder. It’s in those times that we look to God for strength and learn endurance. As the scripture states above, endurance builds character.


It takes a humble and strong person to admit their weaknesses. God uses our weaknesses to build us up. He strengthens us and gives us a means to lean on and trust Him. We can’t be good at everything or strong in every area of our life. Like a baby grows over time, so do we. This is something that I have learned over time. As much as I want to be, I am not Wonder Woman, even she  has weaknesses. As human beings there are going to be times when we are weak, but in those weaknesses God is made strong. And it is through the power of God that we receive strength.  


All this to say, know your strengths and knows your weaknesses. In everything, in every area of your life, lean on God, Turn to God, and depend on Him. He is strength.


Psalms 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.


Reflection


  1. Do you know your strengths and your weaknesses?
  2. Do you tend to capitalize on your strengths or strengthen your weaknesses?

Prayer Time


Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer today. Talk to God about your strengths and confess to Him the areas of your life where you feel weak.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 207!

No comments:

Post a Comment