Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Day 208: True Colors

Ephesians 5:13
But everything exposed by the light becomes visible--and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.


Galatians 5:22-23
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”


What are your true colors? What do they look like? I’ve always heard people say, especially when they’re angry at someone or felt betrayed, “Thank you for showing me your true colors.” Meaning you're not the person I thought you were. You’re not the person you have been pretending to be. Many times people make mistakes and it ruins how people view them. Other times people have ulterior motives that are revealed. Whatever the situation may be our true colors will always be revealed. There are a few things I’d like to point out today.


Showing our true colors is not always a bad thing. We are almost never the people others think we are at first sight. Sometimes our true personality isn’t revealed until someone really gets to know us. We all have an ‘idea’ of who we think people are when we first meet or see them. I think the problem with this is, and it’s something I pray about all the time, we often assume the worst about people. For me people always say they think I’m mean or find me intimidating. Once you get to know me you find that I am the least intimidating person ever and I’m not mean at all. I  also believe that due to judgements people pass on us before getting to know us we hold back from showing who we truly are. We have to learn to let our colors show and fly no matter what people will think about us or say about us.


Point two, our true selves will be revealed. I don’t know if you all know what it’s like to live a secret life but I do, and the fear of being exposed is unbearable. When I was younger my mom would always tell us, “everything done in the dark will come to light.” I think many of us can look back on our lives and see that at one point we were not the best people we were actually pretty bad and terrible people. We can see a point when we were pretending to be something or someone we’re not. Everything that we do in the dark, will eventually some to light. Everything we try to hide God knows what we’re doing, we cannot hide from God. We must be able to own up to our sin and surrender before God shows who we really are and what’s really going on in our life. We often talk about how people reveal their ‘true colors’ to us when we are hurt and we find out that they aren’t who they say they are. What about when we’ve hurt other people? Everything will come to the light eventually, the question is when the light is flashed over our lives what will be revealed?


Which brings me to my next point. Let your colors be beautiful. When I think about it, it always brings me back to the fruits of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness. Let these colors show. When people see our true colors let them see love and joy, patience goodness, all the fruits of the spirit. These should be our true colors. It’s not always a bad thing, it can be and actually is a good thing. Let it show, let it fly.


All this to say, be a good person, live right according to the word and will of God. Let you true colors be beautiful.


Reflection


  1. When people see your true colors, what are they seeing?


Prayer Time


Talk to God about what we discussed today, Have a conversation with Him about your true colors, reveal to Him you heart and surrender to Him everything.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 209!

No comments:

Post a Comment