Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Monday, July 10, 2017

Day 192: It's Not That Complicated



Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by God’s grace that you have been saved through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God’s gift, so that no one can boast about it.

Ephesians 1:6
Let us praise God for his glorious grace, for the free gift he gave us in his dear Son!

John 1:16
Out of the fullness of his grace he has blessed us all, giving us one blessing after another.
I don’t know if you’re one of those people that over thinks and complicates everything, but I am. I am often told that I think too much, I’m making things more complicated than they are, or I’m making a mountain out of a mohill. I’ve even been told by a teacher that I work too hard. I’m the type of person that wants to be sure of everything. I sometimes can’t help it, it’s just in my genes. My grandmother and mom are the same way. However, we sometimes complicate things when they are very simple, there are no catches, no fine lines to walk it just is. Sometimes we can’t accept things when they’re easy or freely given The corruption of this world has conditioned us to think that nothing good comes for free or without a price, that nothing worth having is easy. Yes, sometimes that’s true but not all the time, sometimes God decides to give us a break and sometimes people have good hearts. Many people have good hearts, more than not, we’ve just allowed the few that are rotten corrupt our view of humanity. But what if I told you that Jesus loves us, just because. He just loves us. That’s God’s grace is a free gift, because it is. We did nothing to get it and we can do nothing to take that away. There’s not but… when it come to the love of God, it’s unconditional.
I have never seen love questioned so much than when someone is notified that Jesus loves them. It like worse than the fear of falling in love or saying I love you for the first time. It’s crazy how many circles we go in just to come back to the conclusion that, Jesus loves you. God loves you so much that He sent His Son to die for you, And this isn’t some puppy love, it’s real, it’s real love. Like He really loves us. Why do we complicate that? Why can’t we just accept the love and grace God has freely given us. It’s not that hard, it’s not that complicated, there are no strings attached, this love is beautiful, and powerful, and unconditional. The love that God gives us is the type of love each and every one of us are seeking, so why do we question it?
Reflection
  1. Do you know that God loves you?
  2. Is it hard for you to accept or wrap your mind around?
  3. Has you view of humanity affected your view of God?
Prayer Time
Talk to God about His love and accepting his love. Asking him to help you be more accepting of His love. Know that He loves you, He loves you so much!
I love you and I hope you have an amazing day. Be sure to come back tomorrow for Day 193!

No comments:

Post a Comment