Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Day 180: Gotta Have Faith

Hebrews 11:1
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
Mark 11:24
I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours.
Matthew 21:22
You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it."
Sometimes the only thing we can do is have faith, sometimes our faith is all we have to lean on. As christians our entire “belief system’ is set up by faith, we choose to believe in what we cannot see. We choose to believe in a God that never fails and a God that remains faithful. It is through faith that we are able to connect with and have a relationship with God. It is through faith when we pray that we receive what it is we are asking for. Our faith is what moves God, we cannot pray empty prayers, when we pray we must believe in who we are praying to, and believe that everything we pray for God will answer. We can pray but if we don’t have faith then what’s the use. The bible says that faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains (matthew 17:20). I don’t know if you’ve seen a mustard seed before, but it’s tiny, it’s like the size of a chia seed. Jesus isn’t asking for a lot, I believe that Jesus is telling us, you don’t have to have all the faith in the world but just have some faith. Have a little bit of faith, that’s all you need and I’ll take it from there.
I truly believe that in order for our faith to grow we must exercise it. We have to take a chance on God and trust that He is who He says He is and watch how everything unfolds. We just have to believe, we have to step out say ‘God I don’t know what you’re doing but I have faith in you, I trust you.’ Because He is the one true God. I’ve experienced God’s faithfulness and I know it to be true, but I couldn’t experience God’s faithfulness if I didn’t choose to have faith in Him and His word. Each time I put my faith in God He has come through, every single time. He has never failed me. The more I put my faith in Him, the more my faith grew. I’ve also learned not to use my faith as a last resort. I’ve learned to have faith from the very beginning, to go in with faith. Not waiting until I’m all out of strength and at my wits end, and then go to God. No God has taught me to have faith in Him in every season of my life, not just when I need Him to really come through for me. Now don’t get me wrong, there will be times in our life where we have to exercise our faith more, but don’t ever lose it. Have faith in God even when things are going good. Faith isn’t just for the moments when we’ve lost all hope. Faith in God is what gives us hope.
All this to say, sometimes you just gotta have faith. Many times it’s the only answer. There have been many times in my life when the only way I can explain things that have happened is by saying that I have faith in God. You just, gotta have faith.


Reflection
  1. Do you have faith in God?
  2. At what times in your life do you find yourself exercises your faith the most?
  3. Has God ever failed you? Explain.
  4. If your answer to the above question is yes, I want you to know that God never fails, Even when it feels like it, even when it feels like He has turned His back. He will never leave nor forsake you, and God does not fail. Everything He does, He does for a reason. Give Him another chance.
Prayer Time
Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer today. Talk to God about faith and ask Him to help you strengthen your faith.
I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 181!






No comments:

Post a Comment