Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Friday, June 2, 2017

Day 154: I Have this Hope

I apologize for the devo being so late today, I have been at the hospital with my sister since this morning.

Psalms 3:2-6
Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.

Have you ever had this feeling that everything is going to be okay? Even when everything doesn’t look okay, you have this hope that somehow, someway God will make everything alright. It’s like an everlasting hope in Jesus that no matter what you’re going through or who is talking about you, you can’t stop focusing on the Lord. You can’t stop thinking about the hope you have found in the Lord. This is what I want to talk about today, there is a hope that we have in the Lord that is unfailing. We have this hope that even in our darkest hour God is our light, even at our lowest moment God’s surrounds us with His love and peace.

I want to encourage you today, to be reminded of the hope we have in Christ Jesus, to be reminded of the love we experience through Him, the peace. As David bears witness to in the above scripture, that no matter what people say to you, no matter how much they doubt what you can do, I trust in you Lord. I want you to take on that attitude that David has. He isn’t swayed by the naysayers or the doubters, he knows who his God is. We will get to a point in our walk with Christ when things that used to worry us don’t anymore because we have found a hope in Christ and our faith cannot be swayed or turned by anything or anyone. We will get to a point where we can stand in the face of adversity and not be moved because we know how powerful and sovereign our God is, we know the hope we stand on. There is a hope is God that is more powerful that anything we can ever imagine.

I just can’t stop saying that. Whenever you feel adversity coming for you, whenever the naysayers and doubters are saying what God will or will not do in your life, just be reminded, you have this hope is Jesus.

Reflection

Repeat this statement, “I have this hope in Jesus Christ…”. Write it down and put it in a place where you can see it every day or access it when you need it. Be encouraged today.

Prayer Time
Take the time to pray today as you feel led. Have a conversation with God, just talk to Him.


I love you, I hope you have an amazing day and start to your weekend. Share this with someone and be sure to come back tomorrow for day 155!

No comments:

Post a Comment