Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Day 90: Never Forsaken

Psalms 37:25
I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.


I grew up hearing this scripture, I could quote for as long as I could remember because it is one of the key scriptures in the bible that we all call on. It was until recently that I really understood the depth of these words, and how encouraging they were. This scripture does more than encourage us by telling us everything is going to be alright, no David is stating facts. He is saying what he has known to be true. God is faithful. I believe that this is something we can all attest to, as for me I can say that God has come through for me every time, even in the times where I had only a drop of faith. He never left me and He never will.
To encapsulate this scripture, or break it down a bit more, David starts by talking about His age. He says I have been young and now I’m old, and never have I seen the righteous forsaken, never. All his life, from when he was a little boy to the old man he is now, never has God forsaken His righteous people. As long as we are committed to the Lord and doing right by Him we will be okay. We don’t have to worry about a thing because He has us. He won’t abandon us, He won’t forget about us, because we are His people. We live our lives committed to Him and He provides everything we need and gives us the desires of our hearts.


It may seem like God has forgotten about us or He’s taking His time to get to us. But trust me He’s coming! He will come through, every single time.


The keyword in this sentence is righteous,the righteous will not be forsaken. See sometimes we think we can live any kind of way, and use God only when we need Him We must commit our lives to Him, if we want to be near God and near the cross we can’t be dipping and dabbing into the world. We have to choose our Master. I know the right choice but it's not mine to make, we each must choose for ourselves to live a righteous life committed to God.


David continues this scripture by saying, “...Or his children begging for bread.” this reminds of the prayers of my grandmother. Many of us credit the prayers of our mothers and grandmothers as the reason we are here today. When we live a righteous life, others in our lives will benefit from it. Not only will we for nothing but our children, and our family and the people connected with us will be taken care of.  God will take care of us, He will never forsake us, no matter what. He is faith, and we must be faithful to Him.


Reflection
  1. Do you trust God?
  2. Are you willing to let go of everything of this world in order to serve and live for Christ?
  3. Have you ever had a moment when you thought the Lord forgot about you?
Prayer Time
Allow your answers to the above questions guide you prayer today. Thank God that He is faithful and has never forsaken us. Just take the time to thank God for all the wonderful things He has done in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment