Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Day 81: But...

Whenever you hear the word “but” at the end of a statement you can be sure that it is not the end. Whatever the speaker is saying, there’s more to the story, there's more to the statement. Bottom line, it’s not over.
Psalms 31:14 (expanded passage Psalms 31)
But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!”
David has been going through it, prior to this statement he is listing everything going wrong in his life. His adversaries are coming after him, he is in a state of grief and weakness, he is just having a hard time. Before he starts this list of unfortunate events he says, Lord be gracious to me. Then he goes on to tell God what is going on and how he is greatly distressed. My favorite part in this chapter and many of the other chapters is when David says, “but…” we know whatever will follow that word will not be as bad as what preceded it. We know that David has hope. David goes on to say, “BUT I am trusting you,...” This excites me so much because David knew that even in His distress, even when his adversaries were coming after him. There were men trying to take his life, literally trying to kill him. But David says, “but I trust you Lord, You are my God.” They're all coming after me, I’m in pain, I’m weak, my soul is distressed, but I trust you. You are my God, you are the one I look to even in all of this you are bigger, my life is in your hands.
We can learn something from David here, we can get so caught up in what is going on in our lives. We get caught up in the pressure, the pain, the frustration, the tears, the stress. We start to think that there is no way out. But, my friends there is, we have to remember that there is always a but, it’s not the end. There’s hope, no matter what it looks like we have to say, “But I am trusting in you, You are my God.” I am trusting in you because my life is in your hands, you have gotten me thus far and I i’m trusting that you will bring me all the way through. Sometimes all we have is trust in God, we have no other choice, we know, we hope that God is and will bring us through whatever it is we are going through. For some of us this means taking a chance on God, taking a leap of faith. Trust me when I say, He won’t let you down. There’s always a but, there’s always an answer. But we have to look up from our sorrow and our heartache and the bad situation we are in and look to where we will find hope. We have to look to Christ, we have to put our trust in Him. We know that this is only for a moment, there’s always a ‘but’, so we know, this is not the end. It’s not over.
Psalms 30:5
For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.
Genesis 50:20
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
Psalms 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail,  but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Reflection/Prayer Time
Whatever is on your heart today pour it out to God, know that whatever you are going through there is always a but, it’s not over, this isn’t the end. Talk to God about whatever stood out to you the most today.


I love you, I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Make sure you share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 82!

No comments:

Post a Comment