Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 83: Comfort Zones

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear”


- Jack Canfield


Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”


We as people love our comfort zones, we love routine, we love knowing what is going to happen and when it’s going to happen. We can rest knowing that something is certain, we find peace in our contentment. We get so complacent in these comfortable places  that stepping outside of them is frightening. We are so wrapped up in our own comfort that we get stuck there. It’s like we’re closing ourselves off to a world of opportunity. Comfort is sometimes crippling, because we don’t know how to have faith, we don’t know how to trust someone other than ourselves, we lack the ability to take risks. We are at an age where we are stepping out of the comfort zones we have been in our entire lives and taking a risk to live the life we are destined to live. If you’re an artist you probably feel this a bit more. We must learn to take risks, and sacrifice, especially as Christians. We have to be willing to give everything up before we see a replacement, that is where faith comes in. We have to get out of our own circle of stagnation. It is only when we step outside of what we know that we start to learn, it is only when we take away the comfort that we grow. Last week we talked about taking a leap of faith. Well in order to take that leap of faith we have to step outside of our comfort zones. We all have to go through a time when life is uncomfortable, and that may look different to each of us, but as we grow we start to find comfort in the Lord. As we grow in Him we start to live fearlessly and courageously. It says it right there in the scripture be courageous, have no fear, don’t be dismayed. God is with us every step of the way. He commanding us to be courageous and strong.


2 Timothy 1:7

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

What keeps us from stepping outside of those comfort zones many times is fear.... Most of the time it’s fear... All of the time it’s fear. We are afraid of what will happen, where we will go next. But we must know that God is on the other side of fear. As long as we have faith in Him, as long as we have a relationship with God there is nothing to fear.
I can tell you from experience that God has done more for me outside of my comfort zones than I could ever imagine. I just had to stop fearing and step out on faith, and He was there and has been there guiding my steps every since. God has taken me places I never thought I’d go. Done things that I could never imagine. All because I decided to step out of my comfort zone. I stopped looking at what seemed certain. I let go of the plan that would allow me to live a comfortable and trouble free life. Being in an uncomfortable position pushed me to not only trust Him, but dive deeper into my relationship with Him. It allowed me to see and understand God in a completely different and new way. It allowed me to see my need for Him. It allowed me to understand that God is in control, He has always been in control and will always be in control.
-Dyamond


Comfort zones are detrimental to our spiritual health, and growth.


Reflection
  1. Are you afraid to step outside of your comfort zones?
  2. What are you afraid of?


Prayer Time
Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer. Talk to God about your fears and then give them over to Him. Find comfort in knowing that He did not give us a spirit of fear but of power, love, and a sound mind.


I love you, I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Make sure you share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 84!
















No comments:

Post a Comment