Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Friday, March 3, 2017

Day 63 :The Cost of the Cross


Galatians 3:13-14

Christ bought us with His blood and made us free from the Law. In that way, the Law could not punish us. Christ did this by carrying the load and by being punished instead of us. It is written, “Anyone who hangs on a cross is hated and punished.”  Because of the price Christ Jesus paid, the good things that came to Abraham might come to the people who are not Jews. And by putting our trust in Christ, we receive the Holy Spirit He has promised.

Some of my favorite lyrics come from a worship song I was introduced to a few years ago. The song says, “I’ll never know how much it cost, to see my sin upon that cross”. These beautifully profound words struck me so hard, as I started to think about what it would have been like to be there. Seeing this innocent man beat unmercifully, nailed to a cross, and died the death of a sinner. Though he was not the sinner, I was. I tried to imagine what it would have been like knowing that He took the punishment that was meant for me, and He did it willingly. For that I am forever grateful and filled with so much gratitude. When I think of the crucifixion i think of the sacrifice and image of an innocent man dying the worst death known to man, for me. I am forever indebted to Him. He gave His life to save ours. It was the ultimate sacrifice.

That could have been us on that cross. It would have been us if Jesus had not come to save humanity, This was  pure act of love, the greatest display of public affection known to man. He took on the sin of all humanity and conquered it. He’s like the friend that takes all the blame so that we would get into trouble. He did so that we wouldn’t because that is where we were heading. God could not stand to let our sin kill us, so He gave a way for us to be reconciled with Him, to be wrapped up in His love. He sent His son to calvary in our place.

We don’t like to take the blame for anyone that isn’t a friend or family member. Jesus too the name for all of humanity, He made a way for all of us to have salvation. He gave up everything, His life, His honor, as He died the death of a criminal. But His love for us runs so deep that He was willing to be nailed to that cross so that we could live. Jesus is willing to die so that we could have an abundant life, and be reunited with Him in eternity.
Although these words sound very simple they are all very profound, Once we break them down we will start to understand the importance and significance of being bought by the blood of Christ, and  The blood of Jesus was the only thing able to wash us from our sin. Another thing to note is that Jesus was fully human, he felt what we felt, saw what we saw, went through the same things. He was a man, a carpenter before He started ministry. He was born like us, grew up, he was a teenager at one point, a toddler. Jesus had to learn to walk just like the rest of us. He is human. I can’t imagine the physical pain He was in, as He endured and survived the beatings and torture. As thorns and nailed were pushed through His skin, and He was beat all night.  


Matthew 22:42-44
42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.” 43 And there appeared to him an angel from heaven, strengthening him. 44 And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
Jesus was in so much agony that it says His sweat hit the ground like drops of blood. Do you know how much agony you have to be in for that to happen? A LOT! He asked if this bitter cup could pass from Him, but only if it be the will of God. Saving us meant so much to Him that even in His agony, and asking if the cup could pass Him by, Jesus knew that there was a bigger picture. For which He was willing to pay the price.

I think something we must realize, and even find joy in is that His love kept Him on the cross. When it all boils down to it, everything is rooted in His love. For Johns 3:16 states that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life”. There were no regrets, Jesus gave up His life for us, it wasn’t taken (John 10:18). He could have come off that cross but He had a mission to complete and a world to save.

That’s something to find comfort in. Love save us. We might not ever know what it was like to witness everything firsthand, but we know that 2500 hundred years later the cross is still our source of salvation. We are still reaping what He sewed centuries ago.. He payed for us with His life and His blood, even though He knew that it would be 2500 years in the future, and that some people would never grow to love Him in return.
LOVE WINS!
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.


Reflection/Prayer time
Take some time to sit in silence and think about the sacrifice Christ made, and how much He went through to secure our salvation. Thank God for His love and His want to be in relationship with His people. Thank Jesus forgiving up His life. Just talk to God about this great act of love, and submit your life to Him. If you don’t have a relationship with God, maybe now is the time to start one, maybe you want to give your life to Christ. It’s simple, all you have to do is believe in Heart and confess with your lips.
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
If you made that decision today, congratulations! Say this prayer with me:
God I am so grateful for your love, today I give my life to you as I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that Jesus is Lord and he was raised from the dead. I ask that you forgive me for my sins and be with me for the rest of my days. In you mighty name I pray, Amen.

You just made the best decision of your live, if you would like to understand a bit more about what this decision means or have any questions, do no hesitate to contact me, TheDyamondJBackup@gmail.com and IAmDyamondJ on all the social media sites. I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Make sure you share this with someone and come back tomorrow for day 64!
Enjoy is song!

No comments:

Post a Comment