Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Day 76: This One Thing I Ask

Psalms 27:4
One thing have I asked of the Lord, that I will seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple.
When I first read this scripture I was captivated by it. This scripture is so beautifully profound. As David is telling God, if there is anything you can give me, one thing, allow me to dwell in your house all the days of my life. Keep me near you Lord. That’s the one thing He wants. Out of everything he has or had, the man was a king he was rich, He could have anything He wanted. But over all that, He wants to dwell in the house of the Lord, every single day for the rest of His life.
Then He goes on to say that He wants to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord. We think of God as many things, rarely do we think of Him as beautiful. And I don’t mean the physical beauty and none of us have ever seen God physically, but beauty as in essence. God is the type of person that we don’t need to see to know He’s beautiful.
It’s like speaking with a person who is blind, the eyes of a blind (wo)man are fascinating. When asked how they know that someone is beautiful, their response would be something like beauty isn’t always seen. Beauty is deeper than the skin. Beauty lies in the essence or soul of a person. Or like falling in love with a person, may times I’ve heard men say about their wives, “I didn’t have to see her to know she was beautiful”. That is how it is when thinking about the beauty of God. It is not physically it is the very nature of God, that makes Him beautiful, His essence. The spirit of God is beautiful. That we can gaze at His beauty forever and find something even more beautiful about Him everyday. We will rest in His beauty and never find that it will fade. This is what David wants to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord.
To inquire means to investigate, look into, or ask of someone. David wants to learn and grow with God. All the days of His life He will be in the temple seeking answers looking into this relationship with God, the most beautiful being in all existence.
This is all He wants, out everything He could have David chooses to be up under God, to dwell in His house, gaze upon His beauty and inquire in His temple. I think David was onto something. I think David knew, He had a knowledge of what real living looked like. He knew that if He had everything and not God He had nothing at all. But He knew that with God he had everything even if that meant his earthly possessions were bare. God can give us anything we want, and anything we ask, but what would that one thing be. David wanted eternity with the one true King. He wanted to be in the presence of the Lord for all His days. That’s what real living is, Out of everything I ask for and out of everything you have given me, here is the one thing I want more than anything,that  is to be close to you. That is all I ask. Everything I need is where you are, everything I want is where you are.  I love that attitude, I love that request, and I love that this is something that David said He will seek. I will seek your presence, I will seek your comfort, and your face, I will seek your beauty so that I can gaze upon it. So I can sit in your presence all my days. This is what I want Lord. This is a beautiful scripture to meditate and dwell upon.
Reflection
  1. If you could ask God for one thing what would it be?
Prayer Time
Meditate on the scripture, and talk to God. Whatever you feel led to pray about to today, talk to God about it. This is between you and Him.
I love you, I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Share this with someone and make sure you come back tomorrow for Day 77!







No comments:

Post a Comment