Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Day 5: Is It Really Up To Me




This is a very complicated question and something I struggled with for a long time. Trying to figure out if I have a say so in my life. If God is in control then that must mean that I don’t get to choose the life I want to live. I was under the impression that I was supposed to be this “christ-like” robot with no mind of my own. I think try main struggle was,  if I have free will is God really in control or is it me?
-Dyamond


Joshua 24:14-15
"Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." (NIV)


Throughout the bible we see so many stories of many people who are given the choice to serve God, the Israelites for one, the Gentiles (in the New Testament. Also freewill is all through the bible. We are given a choice and as we see throughout the entire bible, there are outcomes of the choices we make. There's always a cause to the effect, an action to the reaction. You get the point. These effect and reactions are sometimes good and sometimes bad. Nowhere in the bible do we see God control the choices of the people, we are not forced to serve God we choose to serve God.


We make choices in our everyday lives: what to wear, where to go, how to get there. When we give our lives to Christ, it's a choice no one is or no one should be forcing us or pressuring us to make that decision, it is completely up to us. When we make that decision we choose to life and from everyday on to the day we die we choose to serve God. We make the decision over and over, it's a daily commitment and we take it day by day.
So, yes! It is totally up to us, we make the choice to first accept Christ in our life, to submit to Him, we choose to obey His commands. We must make the choice to follow Christ and put our faith in Him, that’s when our lives will start to change. It all starts with a choice, be sure to make the right one.


Reflection
When it comes to free will I explain it in one simple sentence. “God is a gentleman, He won’t force Himself upon you.”  
What choices will you make today?




























Prayer time
Speak to God about your choices, either choices you have made or will make. Choices you are happy about and the ones you aren’t so happy about.
If you made the choice to follow Christ, rededicate, or to submit your life to Him fully, Go to Romans 10:9-10
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
And repeat these few words,
Jesus I declare that you are my Lord and Saviour who died for my sins and was raised three days later. I repent of my sins and I give my life to you. I believe in my heart that you are the true living God. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name, Amen.


And if you have just said those words and you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, welcome to the family. You have now given your life to Christ and you are about to embark on the best journey of your life. Congratulations!!!!


If you made a decision to follow Christ or rededicate your life, or whatever choice you made, comment below. I want to hear about your choices. If you would like to speak privately, message me on here or email me at thedyamondjbackup@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment