Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Day 4: Where Am I Going?




This is probably one of the biggest questions we are either asked or we ask ourselves with: society, parents, friends, family, and just people in general, constantly poking at us, asking about our lives and plans for the future or what our next move is, making  suggestions on what type of person we should be, it’s very easy to get confused. They want us to have a plan for the future. As someone who has suffered through the questions about the future and racked my brain and worried so much about where I will be in five years, ten years, twenty years, I’ve come to the conclusion that nothing is certain. I learned a quote a while back and it has stuck with me, “Write your plans in pencil, and hand God the eraser.” We can make plans but how sure are we that it will go our way. It’s not certain. I choose to go with what God has planned for me.
In our early twenties we deal with these questions a lot as we are recently graduated or preparing to graduate college, or making transitions in our lives, and we do not know what our next move is.  Trying to figure that out is probably one of the hardest battles we will fight in our life, but it’s ten times harder without Christ. I definitely did not think that I would be in the position or place that I am in now, but God worked it out that way. As I step back and take a look at my life  I see how His hand was upon me all along, and that everything that either worked out or didn’t work out for me, was for  a reason. Don’t stress, I’m still trying to figure life out, but the more I put my faith in God the easier it becomes, he knows where we are going and where I will be, I’m just taking direction as He gives.
-Dyamond


Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope,
It is insane to think that before we were created, before God created us, He had a plan for our life. He knew who our parents would be, where we be born, when we would be born, and how we would be raised. He has a plan for us, He didn't just place us here, there is a purpose. He's had a plan for us, before anyone else had a thought of us.


Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
I think the simple takeaway here is God gives direction, He shows us where to go. He always has His eye on us and is paying attention to our every move. He wants us to succeed, He wants us to be successful in everything we do, which is why He gives us His direction and counsel.


Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
This is a reminder that sticking with God being committed to Him, and honoringHim, has rewards. We reap what we sow. God will give us the desires of our hearts, but we must be faithful to Him.


I don’t think we have to worry about where we are going or even when or how we will get there, God has it all under control, we must trust His direction. We often have an image in our head of where we want to go. We see the destination but the journey there in unpredictable, it can take longer to get there than what we originally planned, we’re going to hit some stops, detours, and roadblocks. I can guarantee you that almost everything that comes our way we did not expect it coming, I know many times I have felt blindsided by some of the things I have experienced in my life. But it is in these unpredictable moments that shapes who we are in Christ, these moments test our faith the most. We choose to see God’s grander plan we will not be shaken. And yes, I know it’s better said than done, and it’s easy to take the road that looks more promising to the naked eye, but it will  never compare to what God has in mind. Everything is in His timing, He is guiding us through this emotional thing called life, and taking us on the most adventurous ride ever.
By no means am I telling you not to set goals or have dreams, but find your identity in Christ first, make God a priority and everything else will fall into place. God will give us direction on where to go, He will lead us to our destination, we just have to trust His path. It’s not always easy, but it is so rewarding and worth it.


Reflection
God will give us the desires of our heart, but are we willing to sacrifice those desires for His sake, in the same way Jesus sacrificed His life for us?


Prayer Time

Pray about this question before you answer. We cannot go anywhere without Christ. Ask God for direction and guidance. If you are ready and willing, surrender everything to Him give it all to Him and watch Him take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment