Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 1: Choices




There's no better way to start off the New Year than with choices. This year, I am making a bunch of year long commitments. One thing I love to do at the beginning of every year is make a vision board, or book. I write down my goals, long term and short term, what I expect from myself this year and how I want to change. I would like to invite you all to join me in doing that. But in the mean time, here is the first official devo of the year. Hope you enjoy!!!
-Dyamond 


In our twenties start to make real life choices. We figure out, who we are, where we want to be, what we want to do. We start to make decisions on our own, decisions that weren’t up to us before. There’s a lot of pressure to make the right choice, and make sure we are doing what’s right. Honestly sometimes, we don’t know what that is, because for so long we’ve had people making choices for us, and some of still expect that, or even have outside influence. With so many things to think about, so many inside and outside voices, which one do we listen to, and how do we know it’s the right one.


This week we will focus on the five choices or decisions:


  1. Who am I/Who Do I want to be?
  2. Where am I going?
  3. What do I want?
  4. Is it really up to me?


Proverbs 2:6
For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.


Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.


As the new year approaches and we all set goals for 2017 and make new year resolutions, this is the perfect time for choices. We are making different choices than usual, and vowing to abide by the choices we make. For those of us who live in Christ these choices and decisions we make must be wise. We must seek God for an answer, and consult with Him. He knows it all, so as the year starts off let's vow to look to Him for His wisdom and seek His face for answers.





























No comments:

Post a Comment