Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Monday, April 10, 2017

Day 101: My Soul Thirsts For You



Psalms 63:1-5
O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy.

God is more than anything we could ever want or need. He is better than this life itself, when we imagine the greatest thing in the world God is greater and better. God is just awesome all together. We serve a beautiful and unfailing God.

David starts off this Psalm by saying, “I earnestly search for you, my soul thirsts for you”. My soul wants more than a parched land needs water. Our souls search for God like a dry mouth searches for water. There is a thirst in all of our souls that only God can quench, and He continues to quench everyday of our lives. I’m pretty sure we have all been thirsty before, my favorite is waking up at about three in the morning and having your body beg for a glass of water. And there is nothing more satisfying in that moment than feeling the cold water go down your chest, especially on a hot day when you’re parched and nearly dehydrated. That’s how our souls are for the Lord, no matter what we try to do there is always a thirst there for the Lord, and there is nothing greater than God quenching that thirst in our spirits, nothing better. Our souls need it, but we search for it, we go after God because we know He is the only one who can quench the thirst within us. When we don’t chase after him our spirits get dry and dehydrated. We cannot let our spirits remain dry, we have to keep them hydrated, and that specific source of hydration come from our Lord and Savior. David goes on to say, “My whole body longs for you.” Every part of my being longs to be with and near God. Every part of us wants to be near God, all of us wants all of Him, (props to John Legend for that one).

David is in awe of God, He says “I’ve seen you in your sanctuary”, the message version says, ‘In the place of worship’. But David says “I gaze upon your power and glory.” David is in awe of the magnificent power and glory of God. Then he says this, he says, “Your unfailing love is better than life itself.” What?!?!? Yes, better than life itself, who knew that there could be something greater than this life. There is, there is something, someone so much greater. That someone is God and that something is His unfailing love. God’s love stretches far beyond the capacity of our minds and the time limit of our lives. It is eternal and it is unfailing. In life there are failures, there are let downs, there a disappointments. But what makes God so much greater than this life is that He is unfailing, there is not letdowns and disappointments within Him. He is greater than it all. He surpasses the limits of life. For this reason we will praise Him all the days of our lives, we will lift Him up. He is more than worthy of all the honor and all the praise.  He satisfies our every need. There is nothing more satisfying than the satisfaction we find in our Lord. God is everything we need.

Reflection/Prayer Time
Take the time to read and reflect on today’s passage and lift your heart in worship to Him. recognize your need for Him and honor His great unfailing love.

I love you, and I hope you have an amazing day or evening. Share this with someone and make sure you come back tomorrow for day 102!






No comments:

Post a Comment