Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Day 237: Foundation in Christ


1 Corinthians 3:10-13
According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it. For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
We cannot build anything and have it stand unless the foundation is stable. If the foundation is not stable, the whole building is rocky, and can fall at any given moment. But if you have a solid foundation, then you’ve gotten something that can last. You have something that can stand the storms, can’t be knocked down, because the foundation is holding it up so well. It’s like having a house built on sand, when it rains, that house is sadly going to slide. But if your house has a solid foundation and built on cement, there is a great chance that it’s staying put. It’s not sliding anywhere.  You can probably guess by now where today’s devotional is going. I want to focus on the part of the scripture that says, “For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid which is Jesus Christ.” If we’re laying foundations to build upon, those foundations must be laid in Christ Christ offers stability, and keeps us grounded. When we are rooted in Christ, when that is where our foundation is, we are solid. We are nearly impossible to knock down. We cannot be shaken, the foundation will never give out on us. A foundation in Christ gives us the opportunity to stand tall and firm and not worry about falling. We don’t have to worry that everything can be taken from up under us at any moment. We have security in Christ. So how do we build this foundation?
We follow the word of God. We submit ourselves to Christ, we give our lives to Christ. We believe in the life, death, and resurrection of our Savior. Meaning, we have a clear understanding that everything we are is because of everything He is. There are a few scriptures I want to point to in order to answer this question.
Luke 10:27
He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
Mark 12:30
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’


Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Something I have come to realize in my life is to go to God first, He’s not my last resort. I’ve learned that when things are going crazy in my life that I must turn to God first, because He has the answer and HE can help me more than anyone else. I’ve learned to pray in the face of adversity before going to talk to my friends who can do nothing but sooth me. What we must know is that when we submit our lives completely to God and we learn to depend on Him and trust Him, He becomes our primary source and everything and everyone becomes secondary. God’s word remains the same, He doesn’t change on us, He is always the same, and that’s why a foundation in Him is so important, it’s not flaky and it’s guaranteed to stand forever.
All this to say, the answers we need are found in the word of God. Everything we are is in Him, we must find our identity in christ and follow Him all the days of our life. We must learn to depend on Him and trust Him in every area and moment of our lives, A life without a solid foundation is not a life that will get us anywhere. Lay your foundation in Christ and build on that, trust me, whatever you build will stand.
Reflections
  1. Do you have a foundation in Christ?
  2. Do you go to God first?
  3. Have you devoted your life to Christ?
Prayer Time
Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer today, Talk to God about having a solid foundation in Him. For those of you who answered ‘no’ the the last question, I’d like to offer you a chance to make that decision right now. If you want to make the choice to follow Christ, now is the time to do it. If you want to rededicate your life to Christ, now is the time to surrender your life to Him.
If that’s you, if you want to make that decision today, pray this prayer with me.


“Jesus I declare that you are my Lord and Saviour who died for my sins and was raised three days later. I repent of my sins and I give my life to you. I believe in my heart that you are the true living God. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus name, Amen.”
If you made the choice to follow Christ, rededicate, or to submit your life to Him fully, Go to Romans 10:9-10, If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.


I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! If you made the decision to follow Christ today, Congratulations, the angels in heaven are rejoicing! Be sure to share this and the good news with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 238!

No comments:

Post a Comment