Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Day 39: You Are Not Alone



1 Peter 5:8-9

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.  Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.
Today is going to be short, sweet, and to the point. As I mentioned yesterday, we will face a lot of hard times in our lives, some will feel like the end of the world. One of the results of these hard times is feeling alone, feeling like no one else understands because they aren’t going through it. We sometimes get down and start to throw ourselves pity parties because we feel like we’re the only ones in the world who is facing this certain battle. We feel like no one else can relate to us, they don’t get it. They can’t tell us what to do because they’re not in our shoes. Maybe they aren’t now but they have been.
We as young people don’t like to show our faces when there less than perfect. What I mean by that is, when we are going through a rough time, we hide it, or we isolate ourselves. We either feel like we have to face it alone or we would rather face it on our own. We even try to hide from God, as if He doesn’t already know what’s going on.  

I can honestly say that I am guilty of this. I catch myself saying, even now, “I would rather go through it alone because I don’t want to bring anyone down with my mess.” I’ve been at a point in my life where all I did was feel sorry for myself because I felt no one understood what I was going through. I felt alone, and isolated myself because in my small little world of me, I was the only one who had troubles.
-Dyamond

As the body of Christ we do not have to suffer alone. One of the greatest comforts is knowing that no matter where we are, or what we’re going through God is always there. Even when we feel like we cannot turn to anyone, or no one will listen, God is always listening.
Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. (Psalms 27:10)
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 47:10)
Ephesians 6:18
In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.
We are to pray for one another lift each other up. That’s what the body of Christ does. We rejoice together and we suffer together, (1 Cor. 12:24-26) you are not alone. Know that there is someone praying for you. Always.
There are two main points that I want to communicate to you today:

  1. You’re not the only one going through what you’re going through. I know it feels that way but people have been where you are. People are in the same place you are. many people have walked the path you are on, find comfort in the fact that it doesn’t last forever.
  2. You are not alone (I can’t stress this enough). This is why community is so important. When we go through hard times we tend to isolate ourselves, but you don’t have to do it alone. We cannot pick up your cross and carry it for you, but we can pick it up and  help (Matt. 27:32). We can pray, we can give you a shoulder, and we can just be there (Job 2:13). The body of Christ must stick together. You are not alone. Remember that.

Reflection

Today just write a response, take the time to write down what you’re feeling, you might be feeling alone, and you might be in the family, but know that your brothers and sisters are rooting for you, we’re praying for you, and God is right there with you. We love you.

Prayer Time

Reveal to God whatever is on your heart today. Talk to Him about it, find comfort in His arms and rest in His peace. Know that you are love, and no matter where you are God is never far away, He’s is always as close as you allow Him to be.

Maybe you’re not feeling alone or going through a hard time right now, pray for your brothers and sisters who are, lift them up. If you know them personally pray with them, let them know that you are always there.

I love you, have and AMAZING day. Tell someone you love them today and mean it. Make sure you come back tomorrow for Day 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment