Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Day 151: The Value of God's Word

Psalms 119:72
The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces

Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalms 119:127
Therefore I love your commandments above gold, above fine gold.

Psalms 119:130
The unfolding of your word gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

Psalms 119:160
The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Psalms 119:165
Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.

Psalms 119:103-104
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

I wish I could just copy all of Psalms 119 and leave it there, but it’s very long and I won’t do that to you. But it is so profound, the person writing this psalms values the word of God and longs to live in it.

Throughout the Psalms you read statements like:
“According to your word”
“Teach me…”
“Lead me…”
“Give me…”
“Incline my heart.”
“Turn my eyes”
“For I trust in your word”
“Meditate on your statutes”
“I promise to keep your words”
“Teach me your statutes”
“I hope in your word”
“All your commandments are true”


The word of God holds so much value, and I believe the author of this Psalm knew that they knew that God’s word is the most valuable thing on this earth. It sustains us, it gives us life, and it shows us how to live. God has given us His word to live by and lean on and to learn how to live. God’s word is so powerful and we know this from the beginning of time. He literally spoke everything into existence.  

There are many creation accounts from different religions, but the Bible has the only account where a God (Our God) speaks things into existence. He spoke the light and the water, the animals, the sea, land, everything was made by the word of God. The only thing made in God’s image was man, He created man in His image. In the New Testament Jesus’ spoke healing, it was by His word that people were healed and forgiven of sin.

One thing I’ve learned from reading Psalm 119 is that there is so much value in the word of God, It is so important to live by the word of God and stand firm on His promises but when we choose to see the value of it and the need for it. We must choose to live for Christ and obey His word.
Creation hasn’t moved since he spoke it into existence

Response/Reflection


There is so much I can say, but I would rather you read it. While reading this passage, I learned so much and had a revelation about the value of God’s word. Today’s devo is a response to what I read. So for today’s reflection I want you to take the time and read Psalms 119 and respond. Then take the time to pray about what you learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment