Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Monday, May 8, 2017

Day 129: If It Had Not Been for the Lord

Where would we be if it was not for the Lord on our side? Where would we be if it was not for Him? Who would we be?
Psalms 94:16-19, 22
Who rises up for me against the wicked?  Who stands up for me against evildoers? If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence. When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalms 94:22
But the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.


Today is more about response and reflection than anything.


I’m pretty sure we have all testified to the words, “If it had not been for the Lord…”
We each have a different testimony but there is no doubt that each and every one of us can say that we would not be where we are if it had not been for the Lord. God is the one person that has always been there for us no matter where we go or where we have been God is always there to make sure that we are okay. He always pulls us out of our mess, and makes sure that we are in His will. Even when we slip God is there to pull us back from our valleys. God gives us everything we need even when we do not realize it. He has been there for us from the very beginning. God has been working in our lives from the very start. Our lives would not look as they do if God had not molded and shaped us into the people He created us to be.
When we look back over our lives and when we see where we came from we will see that God has had His hand on us all along.
When I look at the person I was and who I could have been as opposed to who I am, I can do nothing but praise God. He lifted me out of the hands of death, He saved me from myself and my enemies. God has been there for me, fighting on my behalf. If it was not for Him I would not be here. God made me into a person I never thought I'd be, taken me places I never thought I'd go, and that is because I submitted my life to Him, and allowed Him to change me according to His will. Had I not done that I probably would be dead. If I never gave my life to God, if I never turned my life and heart over to Him, my own troubles, problems, and issues would have killed me. So I thank God every chance I get because He saved my life, and continues to save me every day. He continues to work on me and mold me and shape me to look more and more like Him every day. I would not be here without Him, I would not be writing these words without Him. Thank you, Lord. Thank you, Jesus,, for who you are. You are a mighty conqueror who conquered all my demons and made me into a woman of God. thank you, Lord.
-Dyamond
We can never over exaggerate when we say this because God has done more for us that we know and more that we realize. God is our refuge in time of trouble, our shoulder when we cry, our healing when we are sick and hurt. God is everything to us, where would we be without Him?


Reflection/Prayer Time
Think about where you would be without the Lord? Take the time to reflect on your life and where you would be without God. Think about how far He has brought you. Take the time to thank Him and honor Him for all He has done.


No comments:

Post a Comment