Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Friday, May 19, 2017

Day 140: The Great Commission

Matthew 28:16-20
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”


Before Jesus Ascended into heaven He sent the disciples on a mission. He told them to go make more disciples. The message version of the bible puts it this way, “God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit…


Take what I have taught you and teach it to the nations, bring the message of Christ, the good news to the world. Jesus is giving them the authority to go and do what He did, but do it in His name. He tells them to go out and make more disciples, teach them this way of living. Let the people know that there is one way, and Christ Jesus is that way. As John 14:6 Jesus Himself tells us, ‘“ Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”’


I believe that this commission goes for us as well, we have been discipled by Christ, now let's go lead others to Him.  There are people out there waiting to be lead to Christ, people who don’t know where to start or where to go. We don’t have to be pastors and preachers to lead people to Christ. As we pointed out yesterday, the life we live should point to Christ.


I believe that God has given us all a mission as followers of Christ to lead people to Him. We each have different platforms, different gifts, and talents, and we can use them all to the glory of God. We can use the gifts that God has given us to minister to other people. Whatever that may look like, for me that’s acting and performing, for someone else it could be science, or writing, art, whatever it may be, use it to the glory of God.


As an actress, there are many different things that different characters call for, but I love playing characters or being in productions that will open up a conversation. I was in a play recently where I played Abraham, and I had the opportunity to talk to my castmates about my faith, and even explain parts of the bible to them. This would not have been possible without me having the opportunity to play this character in the first place. It opened up the conversation about faith, family, and sexuality. It was a great experience, but the most rewarding thing was to share my faith with people through what I love to do most, act!
-Dyamond


God puts us in the places He wants us to be and He will use us right where we are. He has given us His word and shown us a life dedicated to following Christ. He walked with the disciples and when it was time for Him to head home he left them with the Holy Spirit and sent them on a mission. As we can see throughout acts and all the books to follow the Gospels, these men went out preaching, teaching, and baptizing in Jesus name. Even when they were persecuted, and thrown into prison and out of cities. They were stoned, some even to death, they were beaten. But even through all of this, they never stopped spreading the word of God. They were in the prisons praying and saving people. They were willing to die for it. Now I'm not telling you to go out and purposely put your life on the line to prove your faith, everyone can die for something but not everyone can live for it. What I’m saying is, like these disciples and apostles, we must realize that Christ is more important than this temporary life. He is eternal.


Use what God has given you to lead His people to Him. Do not neglect the mission.


Response/Reflection/Prayer Time


Take the time to think about what we talked about today and respond. In whatever way you feel lead to do so, do it. Then pray about it, have a conversation with God today. Just talk to Him or listen as He speaks to you.


I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening. You are amazing. See you tomorrow for Day 141!








































No comments:

Post a Comment