Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Day 352: Life Is Funny (Part 2)


Romans 5:3-4
Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

James 1:3
because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Growing up my mom would always tell me, “What doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger.” She would usually say this as a result of me getting another rejection from an audition or talent agency telling me no, or not getting the part in the school play. But she would also tell me it whenever something happened in my life that made me feel like my life was over. As I got older, the pain got worst and the situations became more real. When I got my first heartbreak, when I was betrayed by my friends, when I went through a bad break up, and when my father died. I always went back to those few words that my mom would say to me when I was younger to let me know that everything was going to be alright. And sure enough it was, but it took time. It’s funny how life works that way. The same things that hurt us are the same things that strengthen us.

The people that have hurt us and walked out of our lives. The experiences that has taken our breath away, not in the good way. The boyfriends and girlfriends that cheated or just did us wrong. These experiences are just small hiccups compared to how life is truly going to be. These moments are lessons to teach us who we are, and also how strong we are. As crazy as it sounds God uses our pain to heal us. I would never know what true forgiveness felt like if I had never forgiven my friends who walked out on me. I had to face them. I would never know that  heart can be healed after it’s been shattered if I never faced my father's death. I would have never known that i could be put back together again if I never face the fears of my past. The triggers that tormented me for so long.

I say life is funny because we never think that the most traumatic experiences in our lives would be the biggest moments of growth. We never think that our biggest mistakes would lead us to the place we are at the moment. We as people have go through so much and will go through so much more, but our past experiences equip us for what’s ahead, and it’s not always heartbreak. Suffering is a part of life, it isn’t life itself. As the scripture tells us our sufferings produce perseverance, and perseverance produces character, and character hope. I know many of us can say that we have come out a better person. We have become stronger people.

What I want you to get out of all of this is,whatever you do don’t let the suffering overtake you. It won’t kill you, and with that being said it will be another building block into who you are. God loves you so much and He wants you to succeed, but that does not mean that we will not suffer. We will have to go through some growing pains. As long as we live there will always be pain, and hurting but it’s only for a moment. Pain is a part of life. If Jesus had to suffer the way He did we can take a bit of heartache. Our suffering does not define us, it’s a part of life. However, as much as pain is a part of life, so is joy, so is peace and happiness. So is love, and courage, so is faith. Good things are a part of life too.  But how we react to the suffering and the pain, how we allow it to affect us, that does define who we are.

All this to say, if we take a step back and look we will see how funny life is when it goes around. The things that we meant to break us are the very things God uses to build us. Whatever you do, let it be a building block.

Reflection

  1. Can you think of something in your life that hurt you but in the end made you a stronger better person?

Prayer Time
Take the time to pray about what we discussed today. Thank God that life is just as beautiful as it is scary, if not more.  Thank God that He uses the things we go through to make us into better people.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 354!






No comments:

Post a Comment