Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Day 349: What Will You Do

Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

Galatians 6:2
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Lately I feel God has been challenging me in many ways and I want to bring those challenges to you. I think as the Body of Christ we are being challenged to do more and be more. Not in a sense that we aren’t enough but that there is always something more to be done. 

We are constantly talking about how the world is corrupt and we want world peace and we need someone to help. Well I have news for you. We are that someone to help. We are that someone to make a change in the world. We are the spark to the fire. God calls us the light of the world for a reason. Not so we can sit in darkness s d hide our light. But so that we can bring light into the darkness. Let me tell you that the world is becoming darker and darker everyday. With that being said the body of Christ must grow brighter and stronger everyday. We must be the change that not only we want to see but the change that this world needs. There’s is so much going on in the world and we are looking to everyone else to fix it. We are looking for politicians to fix this when what our people need is Prayer. What our countries need is for the people of God to show them that all hope s not gone. That there is a God and He is still sovereign and He is always listening. 

While we are waiting for celebrities, politicians, and city and community leaders to speak up and do something. My question to the body of Christ is what do you say? What will you do? How do you treat people? I ask myself these questions as well. It starts with us. Equality, justice, peace, truth. It all starts with us. What will we do when we see injustice happening? What will we do when we see people falling and persecuted? What will we do? We often think that these are not our battles or our conversations. By overlooking the things that are causing the world so much pain how are we helping to heal. By looking over our brother or sister who is starving and struggling how are we doing God’s will. One of my favorite passages in the Bible is  in Matthew 25:35-40 when Jesus says,35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
So again I ask, What will you do?  

I know that when God saw His people falling and being destroyed by sin, He sent Jesus. That’s what He did. He did something for His people and because of that act of grace and love we are here today. He sent a savior to save the world and Jesus sent us. Jesus gave us a mission to go out and make disciples. 

Response/Prayer Time 

Take the time to answer the questions proposed today. As the year begins to wind down we are talking about putting our faith into action and serving Christ in all the ways we can. Talk to God about what that looks like for you and ask Him what He wants you to do and where He wants you to go. 


I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 350!

No comments:

Post a Comment