Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day 282: This Temporary World


1 Timothy 6:6-8
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth.  After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content
1 Timothy 6:17-19
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.  Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others.  By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.
It is a beautiful revelation to understand that this physical world is fleeting and temporary, and putting our trust in it is useless. It’s great to come to the understanding that we brought nothing into this world so we can take nothing with us. Sometimes I just have to sit and remind myself that although there are many things I want out of this life, I will only put my faith and trust in God. I sit back and look at all the things I have from the clothes in my closet to the money in my bank, and I realize that one day i will be gone and the money I made will stay here, the clothes, the iphones, everything will stay and my soul will depart to be with the Lord. So I’ve learned to invest more into my soul. I’ve learned to be content with what I have and live with God. Now I am not saying that it is a sin to want to make money, or like to look good, what I’m saying is, do not be defined by what is in your bank account, or what type of clothes you wear. I say this because we are living in a generation that is consumed by image, money, and status. Everywhere I look someone is talking about how their only goal is to get up and get money. There is so much more to life than just making money. We can make all the money in the world, but at the end of the day if our soul is not saved how do we sleep in peace? If our soul is not saved does any of it matter?
Mark 8:35-37
If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.  And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?
We’ve all heard the saying that money doesn’t buy happiness, and I believe it can. But it cannot buy joy, that only comes from God. It cannot buy salvation, the clothes will make us look good but it will not keep us content. These are only things that we can find in Christ.
I grew up very spoiled, I had everything I wanted. I had over a hundred pairs of shoes in my closet, my drawers and closet was bursting with clothes. I grew up rarely hearing the word “no” when it came to getting what I wanted. Although my mother taught us to never find our identity in what we have and always be generous to others. We were made to get together toys and clothes we no longer used and give them to kids less fortunate than us. However I still developed the arrogance that came from all the things I had, I found my identity in what I had. The latest Jordans, or the most expensive bags. That was until I lost it all and realized that my identity is in Christ alone. Even without the riches and the clothes and things, I still had Christ. I had to come to the complete understanding that this world is fleeting, everything is temporary and when it’s all gone, who am I?
-Dyamond
All this to say what will it profit us to everything if we do not have Christ? We cannot walk through life very long trying to fulfill ourselves off of worldly possession and tangible things. Now I’m not saying that we are to walk around denying ourselves the joys of the world. What I’m saying is, do not be defined or identified by the joys of this world but let your identity be in Christ.
Reflection/Prayer Time
  1. If you lost everything, who are you?
  2. Where is your identity found?
  3. Really think about these questions and search yourself before answering them. Do not be afraid or shy away from whatever you find but rather turn to God in prayer. Allow these questions to guide your prayer.
I love you and I hope you have a magnificent day! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 283!











No comments:

Post a Comment