Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Day 321: Half Empty or Half Full


1 Timothy 6:6
But Godliness with contentment is great gain.


Philippians 4:11
“Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.”


Philippians 4:11 “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.”


Is the glass half empty or half full? That’s a question that I have been asking myself a lot this past year. I had to learn that it was all about perspective. How I view things, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I will thank and praise God for all He’s done rather than focus on what is going wrong in my life. I’ve learned to realize that no matter what is going on, God has blessed me so much that if He never blesses me again, I’ll be fine.


That’s what I want to talk about today because I believe that how we see our lives has a lot to do with how content we are. Our contentment has to do with our relationship with God. See, God brings all type of fulfillment, He completes us. He gives us breath in our body everyday and gives us a reason to go on. When we live in that truth when we live knowing that God has done more for us than we could ever imagine already we will find ourselves being content with where we are.


I love that Paul points out that Godliness along with contentment is what brings great gain. Before that he says, that to some people a show of Godliness is just a means of gaining wealth, but the combination of Godliness and contentment is something else. When we are live a righteous life according to God and His word that brings contentment, but when we are content in that, that’s what brings great gain. We cannot just say that we are content because we want to gain something from God He knows our hearts and He knows when they are fraudulent. There’s something about being where we are and being okay with that that allows us to really dig into our relationship with God.


Going back to glass being half empty or half full, we may not have everything we’ve ever wanted or desire but we have enough and we should be good with that. I know it’s hard sometimes, I know we struggle and sometimes are hard to get through but in our darkest and lowest moments we must understand that God still gave us life, we are still here and that’s a reason to be content. Although we want things out of life, we all have things that we dream of and God has those in His hands, but we must trust in His plan and His timing and know that it will come when He wants it to come. BUt until then we will be content with where we are and where He has us. By constantly seeking gain or having more we are saying that what we have is not enough. Where God has us is not good enough, what He’s done is not enough. When something is empty or we view it as empty we are constantly trying to fill it. BUt if we view it as half full we are content. We could use a little more and maybe we want a little more, but if that doesn’t happen we are okay with what we have.


Sometimes we are so focused on getting to next place and getting more than we already have that we miss God. We are overlooking what God is doing right now because we are so concerned with what He is going to do or what we want to do. I challenge you to be content, trust in God and His plan. Be thankful for what you have and where you are right now and watch how God works in your life. Don’t be so focused on the future that we miss out on the present. It’s a gift and we only have it for a moment, don’t let it slip away.


All this to say, with God the glass is always half full. Then He will make it overflow, keep trusting Him.


Response/Prayer Time


Take the time to respond to what we talked about today. Have a conversation with God about being content. Whatever is on your heart, talk to Him about. Take this time to just pray and talk to God.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 322!

No comments:

Post a Comment