Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Day 319: So Will I


Psalms 150:6

Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!Praise the Lord!

Psalms 69:34
Praise him, O heaven and earth,
the seas and all that move in them.


Todays devo is inspired by a beautiful song by Hillsong United called ‘So Will I’ and before I go into detail I want you to read the lyrics of this song that are so beautifully crafted.

And as You speak
A hundred billion galaxies are born
In the vapor of Your breath the planets form
If the stars were made to worship so will I
I can see Your heart in everything You’ve made
Every burning star
A signal fire of grace
If creation sings Your praises so will I

...I can see Your heart in everything You say
Every painted sky
A canvas of Your grace
If creation still obeys You so will I

If the stars were made to worship so will I
If the mountains bow in reverence so will I
If the oceans roar Your greatness so will I
For if everything exists to lift You high so will I
If the wind goes where You send it so will I
If the rocks cry out in silence so will I
If the sum of all our praises still falls shy
Then we’ll sing again a hundred billion times

And as You speak
A hundred billion failures disappear
Where You lost Your life so I could find it here
If You left the grave behind You so will I
I can see Your heart in everything You’ve done
Every part designed in a work of art called love
If You gladly chose surrender so will I
I can see Your heart
Eight billion different ways
Every precious one
A child You died to save
If You gave Your life to love them so will I.

I know it’s a lot but there is so much depth to these words. There is the idea that whatever Christ does I will also do. But also, if creation sings your praises, if these inanimate objects sing your praises, so will I. How much more can I sing your praises than a rock? I love that the song says that we can see the heart of God in everything He says, everything He made, everything He done, and finally we can see His heart a billion different ways. How amazing is that? Everything reveals a bit more about who God is, it tells us a little more about His love for creation and humanity.

Everything is a testament of who God. All creation reveals His presence, creation reveals who God is.

Psalms 19:1-4
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world.

The most compelling thing about this scripture is that it says that the heavens proclaim the glory of God, the skies are a display of His craftsmanship. All creation proclaims the glory of God. The sun, the moon, the stars they all declare the glory of God day in and day out. They do it without ever saying a word or making a sound. The sun rises and sets everyday without fail, doing what God has created it to do. The moon rises as the sunsets, to give light to the night sky, as well as the stars, doing what it was created to do. That is how they bring glory to God. Creation is constantly in tune with it’s creator, God. Creation is constantly obeying God, by doing exactly what it was created to do. Everything in creation is constantly glorifying. So if creation glorifies and praises God without making a sound how much more can we do with our voices. How much more can we do with our hearts, and with our minds. This song is a declaration to God, saying if creation praises you, so will I. If creation can obey you, so will I.
The song goes on to say, “If you left the grave behind you, so will I...If you gladly chose surrender so will I.”
These are such bold statements, because it’s something that we as christians talk about this all the time. This is what Jesus did and we can do it too. In this song it changes from what we can do and what we will do, we make a choice to turn away from a life that will lead us to an eternal grave and we choose to follow Christ. We choose to surrender our lives to Him We make the decision that following God is definitely for us. If this life is good enough for you, a king, it’s good enough for me.

Response/Prayer Time

Take the time to respond in whatever way you feel led. Let that response guide your prayer today. Have a conversation with God, allow Him to lead you.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 320!








No comments:

Post a Comment