Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Day 270: Why Worry?


Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Let’s talk about worrying.  This is all too familiar to many of us. Why do we worry so much? There’s so much stuff for us to be anxious about, so much to be worried about. So many things to get us in a frenzy. Especially in our twenties, we’re graduating from college and figuring out what we’re going to do with the rest of our lives. We’re still figuring out who we are, and we’re constantly changing. Or maybe we’re making life changing decisions, coming into life changing responsibilities. Things are constantly changing around us. We’re just trying to stay afloat (life is so much more than just staying afloat, but that’s another topic for another day). We’re trying to live a normal life, working, going to school, paying bills, keeping in contact with family and friends, marriages, kids, and for those of us who are single, trying to have some type of love life. Maybe we’re trying to find the one (they’re always at church or coffee shops lol). On a serious note, there is so much for us to be worried about, so much for us to be anxious about, and losing our minds about. Many of us find ourselves in these places. But the passage of above tells us not to worry about anything but pray about everything. Really? All of my problems can be solved with prayer? Yes they can! It’s that simple, I’m not sure why we as humans like to complicate things (But that’s also another subject for another day). The next line goes on to say, ‘tell God what you need’. Remember when Jesus came and said, come to Him so He can give us rest?

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

He doesn’t want us carrying those worries around. It’s a heavy burden, He says let me give you rest, put that burden down and take mine, it’s light. When Jesus was nailed to the cross He took all of our burden with Him. We don’t have to carry them.  Pray about it and leave it with Him, trust me He can handle it better than we can. We worry so much and that often takes the place of prayer in our lives. But God is like, ‘no, tell me what you need. I got you. Don’t worry about it, talk to me about it and let me handle it.’ Instead of worrying, I’ve learned to thank God in advance, thanking Him for the things that He has done and the things He is going to. Putting all my faith in Him, because He sees far beyond what my eyes could ever see or imagine.

Sometimes we’re focused on what’s right in front of us that we kind of forget who God is.  We have to sometimes look at the grand scheme of things, the bigger picture.  We begin to worry because we cannot see past our situation, that thing staring us right in the face. But the thing about faith is that is gives us the opportunity to see through the situation and see God.  We get so caught up in what’s in front of us that we cannot see beyond that to see that God has it all under control.  I think of it this way, why worry when God already has it figured out. I can worry about what I’m going to do with my life, but I know that God already has a wonderful plan for me, and even though I don’t know what that plan is, I’m going to trust Him to lead me. I may not know exactly where I’m going but I know that where I am isn’t the end. I know He has gotten me thus far, so I’m going to continue to put my faith in Him. We worry when things don’t go as planned. Even in those moments we must realize that God is moving. This is why we must keep a loose grip on our plans, because even in our greatest dreams, God is always doing something greater and bigger. If we truly believe that God’s plan is far greater than ours, why are we worrying about the little things that we think we have control over? Why worry when God does far beyond what we can ever think, ask, or imagine? I have come to the conclusion that with this understanding I have nothing to worry about, God has already gotten it figured out and it took me a while to finally get it.

There’s something about being worry free that makes life so much easier. We enjoy life more when we’re not in a constant state of anxiety and worry. It’s a beautiful feeling. We see the beauty of life when we begin to understand that God is completely in control. He has it all figured out and He’s guided us through it all. There’s comfort and peace in that.  We may not know or understand what God is doing in that moment, but there is beauty in it all, even in the unknown. The mystery of it all keeps us following Him. Just as the scripture says, “...Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.”

Well how do i just pray and not worry? Faith. Take a chance on God, leap and the net will appear. All it takes is a little faith to step out. Just take a chance and I promise He won’t let you down. Our faith cannot grow if it’s not tested, Our faith is tested most when we are going through hell on earth. It’s the moments when we feel like there’s no reason to pray or trust God. In those moment just trust Him, give Him a chance, jump, He will catch you. Trust me, He won’t let you fall.  

All this to say, have faith in God. Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything.


Reflection

  1. Are you a worrier?
  2. Do you sometimes focus on the situation at hand as opposed to God’s plan?
  3. Are you willing to take a chance on Him?

Prayer Time

Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer. Talk to God about what we discussed today. Have a honest conversation with Him. Lay down all your worries at His feet and leave them there. Take a chance on God today.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for day 271!

No comments:

Post a Comment