Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Day 251: My Life and Soul Depends on It


Isaiah 55:3
“Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.”


When I read this scripture I am reminded of Romans 10:17. It reads, So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. This is where our faith lies, in the word of God, hearing his word and believing it brings us to have faith in Him and trust in not only what He can do but also who He is. He is our heavenly father. Jesus is our risen Savior. We know these things from the word of God, we were not there to witness them but we have faith and we believe that Jesus came to save us and what He did on that cross 2500 years ago is still saving souls today. In the word of God lies everything we need, our soul thrives on this beautiful book full of love letters from our father. This is why it is so very important that we hear the word of God but listen as well because as the scripture states above, in it we find life.


Listening to God, and coming to Him with open ears as explained in the scripture above is our way to life. Through His word we live, we thrive, we grow, in every way possible. We are living on borrowed breath. Everything that we are depends on God. Our lives depend on the word of God, the state of our souls depend on the word of god. The life we live is because of the word of God. I have talked to many people who view the bible as a rule book, it’s not. It’s so much more than that and way more important than being told what we cannot do. No His word is a book of love letters, it is a book of stories of who God is and what He has done, in the lives of His people and prophecies of what He will continue to do. It’s is full of wisdom and knowledge, love is the very foundation of our faith. In the bible we find not only commandments but we find how much God loves us, we get a glimpse of the magnitude of His love for us. We see how He is in constant pursuit of our hearts, we see the lengths He goes through just to make sure that we have life. To make sure that we have a relationship with Him. The word of God has life written all over it.


We are constantly looking for the secrets of life. We want to know how to survive this crazy bumpy sometimes unbearable road we are on. But I feel like God is telling us, I have the answer. You want the key to life, I got it. Just listen to me, Listen to my word, come to me with open ears and I will tell you how to obtain this everlasting life. I will guide you, I will give you a teacher. You want to know what it’s like to really live? I’ll give you a life you never thought you’d have. But first, you have to listen, come to me with yours ears and heart wide open. I have all the answers, but you gotta listen to me. It’s imperative that we listen to Him.


Through His word we find that we have an everlasting covenant with our father in Heaven, He says, all that unfailing love I promised David, yeah I want to love you the same way. I want to love you and I want you to know that I love you. God’s love is unfailing, literally it never fails. No matter what, we can always depend on His love. We can find hope in knowing that if no one else loves us, our God does and that’s better than being admired by millions.


All this to say, everything we are is because of everything He is. We are nothing without Him. Our very existence depends on Him. Allow your soul find solace in the word of God, knowing that every word written on those pages is ordained and inspired by the living God. We are because god is…


Reflection


  1. Do you believe that everything you are is because of everything God is?
  2. What is your initial response to what we talked about today. Be elaborate and explain.


Prayer Time


Allow your answers to the above questions guide your prayer today, have a conversation with god. Just take the time to listen and respond to Him. Whatever that looks like to you.


I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 252!


No comments:

Post a Comment