Featured Post

Year Reflection

I just want you to take the time and reflect on what this year has been like for you. Think about the person you were at the beginning ...

Friday, September 29, 2017

Day 271: All You Know


1 John 3:20
in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.


Psalms 139:1-6
O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!


Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


2 Timothy 2:13
If we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.


Romans 8:38
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.


Have you ever found something out about someone and it changed the way you saw, viewed, or acted towards that person? I mean sometimes our knowledge of things or people allow us to ostracize them. Whatever it may be. Maybe it’s a friends who we found out did something we deem really bad. Maybe it’s  significant other you found out cheated on you or cheated on a previous partner, that’s going to drastically change how you see that person. It’s going to change how you feel towards that person and how you move on with that person, if you decide to. What about love, have we ever loved someone less because of what we know about them? I think we can all agree to this and say that their are certain people in our lives that we have to love from a distance. There are certain people who we don’t let close to us anymore because they’ve done us wrong and showed their true colors far too many times. I can name a few off the top of my head, I’m just being honest. Now what if God loved  us and treated us the way we treat other people based on what we know about them?


God know so much about us, yet He still loves us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows the ins and outs of our hearts and thoughts, He knows what we’re going to do before we even do it. He knows our thoughts. He knows how many strands of hair is on our head. He knows it all. He is all knowing. He knows when our hearts are not pure, or when we a being hypocritical. He knows when we are lying, and deceiving, others may not but He does. He knows every little thing about us, down to the tiniest detail. He sees through the masks and the facades. Yet His love for us never changes. He loves us no matter what. He continues to love us even when we refuse to love Him. He loves us, even when we don’t love ourselves. God’s love towards us never changes. Even with all He knows. God you know everything about me, my past, my present, the things I’ve done that I’m not proud of. Yet you still love me. It almost raises the question how? How can you still love me even when I slammed the door in your face, when I walked away from you, when I hurt your children. How can you still love me? I imagine God will say something along the lines of, “I still love you, you are still my child, my greatest creation. Nothing can stop me from  loving you.” When I think about that it’s mind blowing to think that the one person who has every right to hate me. The person who could walk away from me. Ther person who could isolate me and treat me different because of who I am, what I’ve done, and who I was, that’s the one person who doesn’t.


All this to say, nothing can separate us from God’s love. In the midst of everything we do in our lives, and every place we’ve been; from the highest moments to the lowest, His love never changes. His love stays the same.


Response/Prayer Time


Take the time to respond to what we discussed today. Take in God’s love, and understand that the person who knows everything about you and would be justified in hating us and treating us how we act, doesn’t. Instead He loves us. Talk to God about it, thank Him for His love and respond to Him in whatever way you feel led.

I love you and I hope you have an amazing day or evening! Be sure to share this with someone and come back tomorrow for Day 272!    

No comments:

Post a Comment